Terms & Conditions of Use
You may access and view the content appearing on this Website for personal, non-commercial use only. You may download and/or copy certain portions of the Content for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you (a) retain all copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained on the Content, (b) do not modify or alter the Content in any way and (c) do not make the Content available to any third party. Hi-lites reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any content that you download from this Website. The "Specials" card may be printed out for taking to a store, but may NOT be altered or modified in any way.
You agree to use this Website only for lawful purposes. The following activities are strictly prohibited: (i) misrepresenting the identity of a user; (ii) tampering with this Website; and (iii) conducting fraudulent activities.
What Information Do We Collect?
- At this time we collect only three pieces of information: name, zip code, and email address. The reason we collect these is to keep our customers and potential customers informed of upcoming specials. The zip code also helps us to be even more specific. For your convenience, we can email you on specials that are available at the store or stores closest to you even if these same specials are not available at all stores.
- We may also collect such information as IP address from which a customer or potential customer accesses our website. This information is for the purpose of getting statistics on recurring website access. This can help us to better show on our website the type of information you are seeking.
What Are Cookies and Do We Use Them?
- A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web site that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. At HiLitesOnline.com, at present we use only one kind of cookies: session cookies.
- Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain information we need to have in order for you to shop at HiLitesOnline.com. For example, in the future the Session ID cookie that we ask your browser to hold would retain the ID for your shopping bag. Without the Session ID cookie, you couldn't add merchandise to your bag and carry it to a Checkout.
- Though we do not use these at present, persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At HiLitesOnline.com, we might, in the future, use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our store more efficiently. We might use your information to enhance your site experience. However, at present we do not use persistent cookies.
- Cookies can be used by a Web site to recognize you. But that does not necessarily mean any personal information is stored in the cookies. At HiLitesOnline.com, we store no personal information about you in the cookies. Anything you choose to tell us about yourself (such as your address and email address) is stored safely and separately on our secured servers.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
- First, we do not share your information with anyone outside our store group.
- Once you have requested to receive email from us either by filling out a card from one of our stores or by clicking on the "BE THE FIRST TO KNOW" "Submit Your Email" on our website, you will receive email from us until or unless you opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email sent. There may be a slight delay between your clicking the opt-out link and your removal from our email list, but it will be well within the guidelines given by the Federal Trade Commission in the CAN-SPAM Act.